Christmas And update

Almost a month late.. no big deal right? Haha. This year for Christmas, the actual holiday was very low key. I had to work until 4 on Christmas Eve. Then just came home and watched Christmas movies with my family. Christmas Day, Santa came! And the kids opened presents from us. The rest of the day was just being together. My parents and brother came over later, and we had dinner! Just a turkey we had in our freezer, mashed potatoes, rolls. It was delicious!

We decided to celebrate Christmas a week later, hoping my parents would be in their new house by then. They still haven't officially moved in yet, because the water is bad there. But we still made dinner in our apartments and just moved everything there, so we could still be in their home. Still very low key. But it was family time and that's the best! The kids absolutely love it out there. There's so much room!

An update on josh. He is doing better! He hasn't been in the hospital in more than a month! He made an appointment with the GI dr, and it wasn't helpful at all. We thought he was going to get scoped and didn't. They said it was pointless. And we need to make an appointment with another department for an X-ray. And that appointment was expensive, especially just for them to transfer us to a different place! Absolutely ridiculous. And they kept getting things mixed up. Very unprofessional. So he'll probably need surgery at some point. But he's been able to go back to work. Just part time for now. But it's a start!

An update on me. I'm absolutely exhausted all the time! Work is kicking my butt. I usually work 12-830 every day. My boss isn't flexible on hours, so I miss dinner and bed time with my kids. And I haven't had a weekend off since I started more than a month ago. She keeps promising I'll get one, she even wrote it on a rough draft of this week. But nope! Still work. I'm starting a job search, I need a job that I can get off at a decent hour. I feel bad, because I love my regional manager, but I just can't do this. My kids need me! And they're more important. But I do love helping financially as well. I'm hoping Josh's will become full time soon, then I can just find a part time job. That would definitely be ideal.

The kids are struggling right now. Corbin hardly naps on days I work. Hyrum is throwing all kinds on tantrums. Its been an adjustment for all of us. I hope we can figure out something soon!

Comments