Im very blessed :)

As you've read, I am 9 months pregnant. I am so stressed and scared. My whole life is changing. Soon I'm gonna be a mom, and have to take care of my son night and day. It's crazy how much I love him already and I know its only gonna get stronger. But in all this madness, I was having the hardest time figuring out how.to get ready for him. What all do newborns need?? Ive only been married a year and had a wonderful shower for that. So I really didn't expect anyone to throw me one this time around. I didn't want to do it for gifts, but just celebrating this life. I was a little sad, but I know its my son, I have to take care of him and provide everything for him, and not expecting anything from anyone.
Well...Saturday, I was gonna head up to rexburg so my mom can take some maternity photos. She was very clear not to show up until 330. Well that morning a friend from high school,.Stephanie, texted me, we tried to figure out when we can hang out that day. So I was gonna head down early so i can see her before pictures. We met up at wal mart and I was just looking at baby things that I couldn't make up my mind on. She said I should wait and think about it. Little did I know what was up her sleeve. So about 330 we leave for my house and josh made me promise to call when I got there. I immediately knew something.was up. Everyone was acting so weird! I called him and he made me keep him on the phone to hear my reaction. I was so overwhelmed, I hung up on him! I feel so bad about it now haha. I even started crying! It was a great party. There was family, and my high school friends! Who I haven't seen since my wedding...more than a year ago! It was great!
So I guess joshs aunt asked him about a shower back at Christmas! And its been in the works since then. He told her I was.kinda down about it, and so they decided to.throw one for me! I got so many wonderful things and it was the greatest day! We played games, ate food, it was terrific! I now have everything I need for him!
I feel so blessed.to have these people in my life. They are the greatest and I love them all so much. Thank you everyone!!! <3
On another note, I just have to share something I'm SUPER excited about! The one thing I really wanted to splurge on for.my boy is a pack n play. It's those portable cribs. There's some that have a bassinet spot on the top, so that when he's a newborn that's where he can sleep and be next to my bed. There was one at wal mart for $80. It was an ok one, just really basic. My parents got josh a $50 gift card for sears for Christmas so josh was looking at stuff there and he found this one..only $150 and it had absolutely everything. So we could just use the gift card and only have to pay $100. So for $20 more I could get a great one. Such a good.deal! Well..we had to wait for pay day to go get it. We got there Monday to find out its on SALE!!!! it was only $80! So with his gift card, we only paid like $35! We were anticipating $100! I am so excited, its finally starting to feel real!
Well...that's it.for.now. and hopefully the next post will be about the birth of.my son!! How crazy is that?!?! 15 more.days left til my due date! But who knows he can come sooner! Awww! Ok...I'm done now. Have a great day!! <3

Comments

  1. You, my dear, are loved and are going to be a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly!!! I am so excited for you! It is getting sooo close! I can't wait to see him! I am so glad you were able to have a baby shower. You and Hyrum deserve it! :) And I am jealous about the P&P! We don't have one and it would be nice to have for our babysitters and for when we go home to visit Boise. Awesome deal! Can't wait to hear how the birth goes! Hugs!!!
    Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Aly the Shower was amazing! :) Your aunts did a good job!! Can't wait to meet Hyrum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment