December-New Years

Howdy! quite a crazy time of year, huh? i don't know where to start! Let me just mention that I'm currently dealing with a very weird/bad rash all over my hands, and arms and other areas of my body, so i must enjoy writing, if i take the time to do this! haha. I did go to Urgent care today, and it's hives, and we're not sure what they're from, but i really hope they leave soon! i'm itching like crazy, and it hurts. my hands and left arm have it the worst. But let's begin our December adventure...

Nothing big happened the beginning of December. Corbin got sick, and Hyrum invited my mom to a "grandparents day" at his school, which they both loved! It was a great moment for both of them.

On the 17th, Hyrum had his Kindergarten Christmas program. That was the cutest thing EVER! it was so dang cute. He is normally so shy, and won't go in front of a crowd, but he did it. He sung his little heart out, and it was a proud mommy moment!



A couple days later, Corbin saw Santa Claus at school. Unfortunately, we weren't able to take the kids to see Santa together, but Corbin got to see him at school. Hyrum also saw him, but just during the kindergarten Christmas party, and didn't get to sit on his lap, and no pictures. But these pictures have to be my favorite pictures ever! isn't Corbin so sweet?

Look at that laugh! isn't it the sweetest thing EVER?!


Now onto Christmas, things were very quiet this year. Just my little family, then my parents and brother. Which was honestly, WONDERFUL! We had dinner, decorated some cookies, sang some songs, did stories (Luke in the Bible, The Grinch, The night before Christmas), opened our Christmas clothes (me and Josh got pajamas like normal, but we got the kids an outfit because they NEVER wear pajamas, so it felt like a waste of money). Then home for the night. Our favorite Christmas tradition is standing around the piano, while my mom plays, and sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. It's so silly, but we absolutely love it and look forward to it each year. it's GREAT!







Christmas morning, we woke up around 730-8. Did Santa at home. And a couple smaller gifts at home. Josh got me a very high tech scale. Then we hurry over to my parents. We had breakfast. Which was a delicious pull apart (rolls, jam baked together, with a frosting on top), and breakfast casserole). I also made hot chocolate in the crockpot. SO DANG GOOD! Then we did gifts. I got lots of weights, because i'm trying to git more fit and lose some weight, and i just need to be healthier. A month ago, they also got me a membership to BeachBody, which also counted as a Christmas gift, so i got some weights to go with that. Very grateful! Kids got clothes, a couple toys, books, and a giftcard to a local trampoline place. I'm very excited to take them! I got Josh one of those back massaging things that you put on a seat. it looked really cool. It was supposed to heat up and massage his back. With his back issues, it looked like it'd be great. Unfortunately, It wasn't. It only tickled his back and the heating portion didn't work. So we took that back, and he used that money to get a headset for an X-box. Which, Josh's cousin got us an X-box 1 for Christmas, which was great! They've loved it so far. We don't have any games that interest me right now, so i haven't really looked at it, but it keeps the kids quiet, and they love playing together (usually hyrum's the one playing, and Corbin is just using a controller that's not programmed to work. haha). It was a quiet Christmas, and honestly, it was the best year ever. Just spending time with family, spending more on memories and practical things that would actually get used, as opposed to something that would just sit in a closet for years to come.







We didn't do anything for New Years Eve. Because well, I can't stay up til midnight, and the kids would be a wreck if we let them stay up that late. Plus, Josh had to work. So it was a quiet evening.
We didn't not have a white Christmas, like we always do, but we did get snow for New Years Eve/Day. It was dang cold, but we went with it. So for New Years Day, we bundled up and headed to my parents. They have a side by side (sort of like a razor, just different brand and a little different, but same idea). We attached a sled by rope, and rode around on their property. The kids loved it! it was so cold! only about 10 degrees, with a feel like of 0. But we were bundled warm, and didn't stay out too long. That's the beauty of doing it at their house. We could go inside when we got too cold. But it was fun! that was the kids first time, and they really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again (well..Hyrum anyways. Corbin hated riding in the sled and just rode in the side by side the whole time).







It was a great Holiday season, with wonderful people! I hope everyone had a Happy Holidays!
2018 started out rough. Remember when we had that terrible week? Corbin got diagnosed with step, the next day Hyrum got diagnosed with strep, Josh fell down the stairs carrying Hyrum downstairs to take him to the dr and injured his ankle, then the next day, Josh passed out and we needed to call the ambulance, then Corbin got diagnosed with the actual flu and we almost lost him, he was lethargic and stayed in my bed for at least a week without eating and only breastfeeding every so often. holy cow, that was a rough week! i actually got a memory on Facebook yesterday, saying that a year ago was when Corbin got diagnosed with flu. i can't believe it's been a year. But i'm very grateful for my wonderful family. We came out stronger because of it. We learned a lot. For example, we all got flu shots this winter! doing everything we can to avoid that. We're certainly hoping and praying this year goes better. Crossing fingers!

So quick update about Josh:
He's working a lot. His shoulder is still bad, but getting a lot better! thank heavens for physical therapy! There is a chance he needs surgery, but that chance is getting smaller and smaller. His therapist says most likely not. Josh got an x-ray and then we met with a surgeon a week or two ago, and he said most likely not, but he wanted Josh to get an MRI scan, just to be sure. We get those results in 2 days. Pray it's good news!

Me: I'm just home with the boys. Been having a lot of weird reactions. Like the rash i'm dealing with now. And over Christmas, i had a rash on my left cheek up to my ear. I have no clue what's going on! For someone who's NEVER been allergic to anything, I'm sure having an allergic reaction to everything! Because of Josh possibly needing surgery, i started looking for jobs. I found 2 that i was really interested in. One is part time, as a salon receptionist. since i can't work as a cosmetologist here, this would be perfect for me! I got an interview, and it sounded like she offered me the job. She said she'd really like me to work there, and all we had to wait for was a background check, which should only take 2 weeks. It's been about a month. I called last week, and she said she was interviewing more people and haven't heard back, so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. bummer! I also interviewed for a Hostess position at Olive Garden. Great perks to working there, but i didn't get that one either. Super discouraging! But luckily, it's looking more and more likely that Josh won't need surgery, so i won't NEED a job. I'd just like one, so it's not a huge necessity. I'll keep looking, but I won't be under huge pressure to get one, like i was.

Hyrum: he's still angry. Weekends and the Christmas break were terrible. Lots of threatening to kill me, lots of calling us bad names, lots of throwing things, etc. Still no answers. His counselor also quit last minute. I'm trying to get him in to see the school counselors, at least for now, until i can find somewhere to test him. I have suspicions of what it might be, but of course, we need answers before we can get the help we need to have a happier home life. He is learning so much in school though! he absolutely loves it, and loves the friends he's making. it's been great!

Corbin: He's excelling in school. He can count up to 13! which is huge! he's not screaming as much, he's just a lot happier. thank heavens! he's still not communicating great, but he's trying harder now. I can't wait to see even more improvements!

Comments