Last long drive before the move!

This last weekend, me, the boys and my mom and brother, all went to Casper to see my dad! It was fun! We left around 3 Friday afternoon. The car ride was rough for Hyrum. He struggled. He even scratched me! But Corbin was an angel. He slept the whole 6 hours, minus to stop and eat once! He was up for maybe 1 1/2 hours total. And he put up with Hyrum hitting him. He did great! We got there about 930 that night and it was COLD!
Saturday morning was big for us! I made an appointment with our apartment manager there to sign the lease. She was super nice, and helpful. And I got to sign the lease! I have the keys! Woo hoo! And I was able to see inside where we'll be living. It was so scary, not being able to see inside before now, but I'm pretty excited! It's HUGE! It's only 2 years old. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath. The kitchen has about the same amount of counter space but it's a little bit wider than our last place. The living room is good size. The balcony is double the size we had. Lots of closets. The laundry room is HUGE! The bedrooms are about the same size. The guest bathroom is big as well. Our bathroom is weird. It's kinda like a hotel bathroom, where the sink is outside of the shower and toilet. We've got a good size closet. I'm excited to move in! Stressed but excited.
The rest of the day, we just got to see the town. We went to Sam's club and had lots of samples. Took my family to see the apartment. They like it! K mart. Went to see the land where my parents are building a house. Then just drove around because both kids fell asleep in the car. The weather was lousy but it was still a good day!
Sunday, we went to church. We ended up late (sorry mom and dad!) so we sat out in the foyer. Corbin was a champ and Hyrum... Not so much. But oh well! That's life with 2 kids! We then headed back to dads apartment, packed up. We had lunch/dinner. It was smoked pork, mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was yummy!
Then we headed out of town. The first 30 minutes were rough. Hyrum kept hitting Corbin and Corbin didn't like it this time. So we had to pull over, I had to switch seats with Hyrum. So now, I'm in between 2 car seats. Oh joy. Then fed Corbin to calm him down. This is what granny did to entertain Hyrum while I fed Corbin. (didn't gran take a fabulous picture?!)


Then on we went. We didn't have to stop again until just before Jackson. And the view was GORGEOUS!


While I fed Corbin, everyone else went out and threw rocks into a lake. While there, they got to watch wild life! They saw some elk and some awesome beavers in their home. So cool. I'm jealous!
Then we went on our way again. Trying to hurry before having to stop again. We only had 2 more hours to go before we get home. But about 30 minutes away, Corbin started crying. I thought it was because he was sick of the car. I mean, I don't blame him! It was awful! We got home around 10. I was able to get Corbin calmed down and to sleep. Hallelujah!
It was a good weekend! A couple mishaps. But that's life with kids! Thanks for letting us tag along mom and dad and lil bro! Love you guys!





Comments