Halloween!

Yesterday was Halloween. Josh was required to work, so was all of his coworkers. Because of this, it wasn't garaunteed that he'd be able to go trick or treating with us. And being 9 months pregnant, I want sitter how I'd feel going by myself. So Thursday (day of my Dr appointment), we headed up to my parents house and just spent the weekend there. It was fun, like always!
Thursday, a long with my appointment, we also did pumpkins before josh had to leave. Hyrum didn't know what to think at first. But once he got the hang of it.. He painted his pumpkin while everyone else carved. He ended up fighting over all the "tools" with my brother. But I'm just glad he enjoyed it!





Friday, we went to an open house at the fire station. They just had a huge remodel so they did tours to show what they did. It looked good! Hyrum loved seeing the ambulances and for trucks. They had 2 calls while we were there so Hyrum got to see them rush off with that lights and he LOVED that!


Saturday was Halloween! We had some small plans but those went out the window. This weekend is closing weekend at Yellowstone, so of course, last minute we decided to go there instead! So me, Hyrum, Adam and dad went out to breakfast. That has been a tradition since I was 12. Every Saturday, we go to breakfast! I've always loved it. Hyrum did SOOO good too! I was anticipating him freaking out, like he always does at restaurants. But he did good! He sat next to my brother and was awesome the whole time! Very proud! As soon as we were done, we headed home to get ready and go to Yellowstone! 
It was SOOO cold there! Like 37 degrees, Plus major wind chill! It also rained a little bit. Because of the weather, we hardly saw any animals. Only a handful of buffalo, and elk. We did see a bald eagle that was hunting tho so that was kinda cool. But it was pretty. There was snow, which made it gorgeous. And there were hardly anyone there so it was nice and quiet! 








It was definitely a nice last outing before baby comes! Just wish Josh could've been there. 

We got home from Yellowstone around 730 so we got Hyrum dressed in horas costume to go trick or treating for the first time. He was Yoda. It took a little bit to convince him to wear his costume but he did! He was so cute! He somewhat got the concept. Although, at one of the houses, he handed her a sticker and wanted her to open it for him. Silly boy! But he did good! Hopefully next year he'll fully understand the concept. 









It was a good weekend! I'm so grateful for my parents for letting me and Hyrum hang out for a couple of days! It was a blast! 

Comments