say what?! I have a 2 year old?!

Yup, you read that right. I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD! How is that possible?! 
We decided to have his party the day before, just worked with our schedules. 
It was small, just our best friends "uncle mama" and his girlfriend, plus my family.

I spent the whole day cleaning, cooking and baking. I was exhausted. 

We also got a bearded dragon that day, we named him Rex. I won't touch him but he has a fun personality! 

For dinner, I cooked poppy seed chicken and garlic bread and green beans. It was delicious! For dessert I made chocolate brownies with buttercream frosting and Mickey Mouse on top! Plus chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It didn't turn out so pretty but they were yummy! I've said I will never buy my kids their birthday cakes, so even tho they weren't pretty looking, I at least did it! 

He got lots of great things! A wonderful Mickey Mouse fairytale book, clothes, blues clues DVDs, we also got him a toy lawn mower that blows bubbles and my parents got him a little tikes Cozy coupe car. He absolutely loves it! It took several people and an hour to put together but it's worth it!


It was a great party! thanks to everyone who came! We appreciate it and love you! 

The day of his birthday, my family invited us to dinner. It was a very low key day, which was perfect! We just hung out with them and we learned... He NEEDS a nap every day, if he doesn't... That's not good! 

Dinner was so yummy! Roast, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, cheese sauce. Yum! 

After dinner, we had to take dad to the airport so he can fly back to wyoming. Boo! But Hyrum LOVED the planes! 
How sweet is that picture? 

All in all, he had a wonderful birthday weekend! I can't believe I have a 2 year old! Happy Birthday baby! We love you so much! 

Not much has happened since then, but I have a funny picture to share! Hyrum loves his car so much he has a meltdown if we don't take it on our errands! The looks we got are hilarious! I'll post a picture anxiety there's a lady on the left and her watching us is AWESOME! So funny! 



Comments