Christmas and ringing in the new year!

It was Christmas! My favorite time of year. I just love the feeling. I love being with family. The music. The movies. Its a great time of year. It makes it even better when I have a kid that can enjoy it too. There's nothing better.
Josh also got a 2nd job. He delivers pizza for dominos part time. Its been great, bringing in more money so we can actually go on dates, etc. He seems to enjoy it.
Every year, before the actual holiday, josh has his family Christmas party and he was able to be there for that. It was fun. We had soup, salad for dinner. Played games, sat on Santa's lap. We do a white elephant exchange every year. This year, we took a whole box full of hyrums baby food that he never ate and a random skull decoration. Josh's grandma also makes pajamas for everyone. It was a good party.

Luckily, he had Christmas Eve off from both jobs so we could go spend more time with my family. This year, there weren't as many people so it was just the 3 of us, my parents and Lil brother. We had prime rib, twice baked potato casserole, cheese beans, jello, rolls. It was delish. We set up luminaries. Sung songs. Read stories. It was a blast.




Christmas morning, we woke up at 7, like normal. Did stockings. We got candy, josh got socks. Hyrum got some awesome "cars" boots. We also got our annual ornaments. We had breakfast, which was so yummy. We had a yummy  fruit parfait, huckleberry pull apart, and sausage. So yummy! This year was different. Mom had to work. She works in the kitchen at an assisted living place. We went with to help out. Me, josh and Hyrum had to leave since Hyrum was not happy. So off to bed he went. He napped 4 hours! We actually had to wake him up when they got home to open presents. Hyrum got so many cool toys and clothes. I got a crock pot, gift cards, a VERY soft blanket, sweaters, scarf, and more! Josh got clothes, tool things. I got him socks, the movie "this means war" which I guess was more for me m, according to josh and all his friends, but I tried :) I also got him a roku stick. Its like the normal rokus, its just a USB thing that goes straight into the TV but has Netflix, amazon prime and Hulu, plus some. It works great! We also got an Xbox 360 with kinect and some games.



It was a great Christmas. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family, husband and son, and able to spend time with them.
New years, we didn't do anything. I had a migraine. It was the first year we have cable so I was able to watch the ball drop and all the performances leading up to the ball drop so that was fun!
 Love you all! Thanks for the great year and I'm excited to see what next year brings!





Comments