Memorial day thru my bday and everything in between!

Well its me again. And since its been a while I decided I should update on our lives. So let's start with memorial day weekend...
My grandparents have a cabin in Montana and every year we go spend the time with family. We left Thursday after josh got off at work at 4 that afternoon. Not much exciting happened there. Not much happened that weekend. It was just great to get out for a while and relax. We did have a very exciting moment where my parents dog decided it would be fun to chase a herd of antelopes. Long story short...it was exciting. A lot of the family went chasing her and they lost her at some point and she came back and they were still running looking for her. Josh even ran so fast and hard. He didn't throw up once...but twice!! Other than that it was a very nice relaxing well spent weekend with the fam :)

About 5 years ago my father in law got in a terrible accident that left him paralyzed from the arm pits down. Ever since then his health really took a dip. Last September we thought he wasn't gonna make it, but he did. Then right after Hyrum was born there was another scare but he pulled through that one too. He was getting better and really improving. But on the 6th of June, we got that dreaded call that he didn't make it. We don't know what happened. He was fine that morning. Since he was in salt lake we just got in our car and drove. It seemed like the longest car ride ever. And Hyrum, who usually loves car rides, was non stop crying no matter what I did. We stayed at Josh's aunts house. We were scheduled to bless Hyrum that Sunday. But of course we moved it. We were there that Thursday thru Tuesday. It was quite a long stressful trip. Planning the funeral and everything. We did get away for a day to a cabin and that was a blast. The service was Tuesday and it was beautiful. I wish I could've seen more of it but Hyrum kept fussing so I had to take him outside. It was a beautiful day. Since he was in the army we got the 21 gun salute thing, which was super cool. It was a beautiful service.

OK now its my birthday! 21! Wow I'm old huh? Well that morning josh took me to breakfast at IHOP. Generally we really like that place but the service was terrible. We never even knew who our server was. We got food 15 minutes after the people who got there after us. So ya no tip for them! I don't think we'll go there again anytime soon. Then after that fun morning together josh had to leave me to go to work :( so I called a friend and she came over to my house. I had such a good time with her! And that was it for my day. Tonight Josh is taking me to dinner at chilis since we have a gift card and I can't wait!
OK so here's some pictures just because I can.

Comments