Can things be looking up...?

Hmmm...i wonder. Can things really be looking up for us? I sure hope so.
First off, i have yet to upload the boating trip pictures. I just keep forgetting and never having time...this week has been crazy!
So in April i started my 1st cosmetology job at Mastercuts. When i got it, i LOVED it. I thought i loved the people i was with. I absolutely loved doing what i was doing. i loved the satisfaction making someone feel great gave to me. When i was at school, i HATED to do colors, but they taught me to love doing colors, and i (not to brag or anything) was actually pretty darn good at them as well, if i do say so myself. But recently, i haven't had a great experience there. i use to love going to work, and i got excited about it, but now i absolutely LOATHE being there. the hours drag on and on, and the atmosphere...don't let me get started there. I won't go into detail here, but for one thing, it was soo competitive. i hate that. I wanna work, and i want my clients to stay faithful, i don't want my co-workers trying to steal them. That's one thing going on, and other things...Just the people there...oh the drama!!! I thought going to school with 65+ girls was bad...seriously! i can't believe that just a couple girls here cause the same amount of drama. seriously. You'd think we're all in High School still. But enough about that.

So the last couple weeks, i decided i had enough of that. I don't want to be around that kind of people anymore. I felt crappy every day i worked, and i'm sick of it. I want a more uplifting job. I started applying anywhere i can, whether it was salons or not. Eventually i got 3 job interviews. one was at Great Clips. I thought it'd be a great place to work, the people there seemed great and i loved the person that interviewed me. She was super nice too. I thought it went great, then the next day i was supposed to go in to do my "practical" part of my interview. Where i actually have to find someone and cut their hair. They wanted a girls cut, so i got my mommy, and a guys cut, so i got my hubby. That was supposed to take place early in the afternoon. Well, half an hour before i was scheduled to go in, the manager called me and said she "forgot" she was fully staffed. I don't know how someone can forget they're fully staffed. I can understand when it's a big place and there's more than one manager...communications hard, which i understand. But when it's something like this and there's only one manager. with her forgetting, i've decided i really don't want to work for someone who's like that anyways. It would be too much like my Mastercuts experience.
The next place i had a job interview was at Macy's. It was part time as a make-up person (OK, it's late, i can't remember what it's called haha). I got there about 20 minutes early and i waited those 20 minutes to get in for the interview. I go in, and right away the person interviewing and i get along great. We laugh and joke and just have fun. It seems more like just a conversation than an interview. At the close of the interview, she mentions they don't have any openings at the moment! Seriously...i don't get why they even called me in, if it was basically for nothing. Just a waist of both of our times. But she was still super nice and i do love the company, even if everything is too expensive for me to buy haha.
The 3rd and final place was Sport Clips. The thing about Great Clips and Sport Clips, they ONLY do cuts, which i really wanna do colors, but i know sometimes that's hard so i'll just work around it. Sports clips only cuts guys hair, which'll be different for me, but different is good. So she actually scheduled me an appointment on Monday, but that was when i was actually still sick with my infection. So obviously, i had to reschedule it. I made it for Wednesday instead. So i go in, and it was completely different than i imagined. One good thing is there's 2 more girls from my same school that works there (sadly one's getting their hours cut since she has to go to school and so we of course have to go around her schedule, and the other one is moving in 10 days so she's quitting) But it was definitely nice to know that i could ask them questions if i needed advice or whatever. So anyways i walk in, and have the interview, that manager seemed really nice as well. It wasn't that long of an interview, and i thought it went pretty well. The next day i had to have my "practical" interview, and since it's a guys only place i brought Josh along for the ride. He loved it. He loved being able to sit there and they play sports on tvs all over. I cut his hair, and it was not nearly as scary as i thought it would be. The manager didn't hang around us. She just showed us where we'd be, and introduced herself to Josh and walked away. She didn't come back around until i was done. She said i did great, which was really reassuring. She originally said she'd let me know by the day after (Friday) how i did, but she said she had to leave for a family emergency, so it would probably be saturday. Well...saturday came and went and i still heard nothing about the job. I called Monday and she was never there, so obviously i was getting nervous. Tuesday morning, before i was even awake, she called and left a message telling me to call her back. So of course i did, and she just said she had a couple more questions to ask me and asked if i could be down to IF in 1 1/2 hours. So I said yes. I get ready, and i'm there just in time. I thought it was just gonna be another interview, but i was wrong. I get there and she takes me back to her office and she starts handing me paperwork and says "congrats and welcome to our team!" so YES! i got the job!! They have a uniform we have to wear. Black slacks or black "sport pants" i guess you could call them, and then they give you a black shirt to wear. Yikes, that's hot in the summer! all black! but oh well. So i just fill in all my paperwork, hand it in, etc.

That day earlier, Josh was talking to his aunt, and she showed him an email she got from someone in their ward about a job opening up at Yellowstone Bear World. It's a job where you have to like clean and make the grounds looks great (mow, weed whack and stuff like that). Josh emailed back the dude and the next day he emailed Josh back, asking Josh to call him. So of course, Josh called him right away. He set up an interview for 45 minutes later! Josh got all "handsomed up" with his awesome suit and we drove out there. That interview only lasted like 15 or so minutes, and when he got back, he said "I got the job!" oh my gosh! we both got jobs on the EXACT same day! i couldn't believe it. Heck, i still can't believe it! Maybe things really are looking up for us.

Today (Wednesday 8/8) i had my very 1st meeting with Sport Clips. I was so nervous. I just had NO idea what to expect. I go in about 15 minutes before it's supposed to start, and luckily i was able to find one of the girls that i knew from school, so that helped a lot. I go in, and right away all the girls there are SOO warm and welcoming. A very different experience than what i'm used to. I loved it! through out the whole meeting they were laughing and having fun. It was great! and on top of that, we got CUPCAKES!!! they were DELICIOUS! I had a great time! the meeting wasn't very long, but they sat there and talked for ever and it was just so fun. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them and just working there. It feels like a much better experience than what i had before and i am so excited! I officially start training tomorrow and then my last day at Mastercuts is Saturday (Glory hallelujah!!!) i cannot wait for this new experience and see where life takes us.

Comments