what's happened to us as of recently??

dang i haven't realized its been that long since my last post!! what's wrong with me?! of course, i must say i am proud of myself. Most blogs i've ever started, i always only do one post then i get bored and quit again. soo hooray for this being the longest blog i've ever had!!
Honestly, not much has happened. But maybe i'll start off with new years. Since we spent christmas with mostly my family, we decided to go to his family, that lives just right down the street from us. it was a blast. There was a ton of us there. We had homemade pizza, which was delicious, and other food. We had this couple that used to work with josh that came as well. And for christmas they got a xbox Kinect, with some dance games and the normal sports games. And can i just say how much fun that was?! it was definitely a GREAT workout, i was so exhausted by the end.
After all that, they have friends that got an awesome kareoke machine with a TON of songs. either 800 or 8000. i forget which one haha. Most of them were country. And i like country, i really do, i just dont know any of those songs but it was still fun to listen to everyone singing. And every now and them there would be a song that i knew and could sing along too. We also each got a turn singing our own song by ourself, so i got the chance to sing "all i ask of you" from phantom of the opera!! yup...it was fun. It was such a late night tho. But hey, it was worth it :)

So now lets go back to Christmas eve, just for a second. So i've been somewhat sick at that point, and Josh made me take a pregnancy test and guess what?! it came back positive. woo hoo! great news right?! unfortunately, i had to wait til the next friday to go to the doctor to get it confirmed. ugh! its killing me! i wanted to know NOW what was going on. I had no idea i would be this excited. I didn't want kids for at least another 4 or 5 YEARS, and once it started happening i was sooo excited! I went to the doctor and had Josh's cousin, Emmaleigh, come with me and she kept saying how i was just glowing cuz of how excited i was. It was exciting. That day (supposedly) my parents were out skiing, so i couldn't just go over and tell them the news, so it was Em's idea to text them so they'd get it once they got into cell phone service. The text said, since it was just after christmas, tell them me and Josh got them a christmas present and we just found out it won't be here for another 9 months because the mail is kind of weird. We hoped they would understand it haha. But! it turns out, it was too warm to go skiing, so they just cleaned all day and emptied out lots of stuff and had to take them to DI which is where Josh works. And where you donate stuff is just exactly where Josh works so they got to see him. He asked if They got my text, to which they replied no. So he just told them. And since i wasn't there, he told me what they did. I guess my mom fell to her knees, and started crying AND laughing. My brother started jumping up and down, excited he's gonna be an uncle. and dad was just excited. That excitement was short lived, however. like one or two weeks after that, i got way sick and had to get taken to the doctor. And thankfully, Josh decided to take the day off of work to take me to the doctor. The pain was ridiculous. They had to take my blood. And me and needles...ya, we do not get a long. it was terrible!! and that was nothing compared to after i saw all my blood. i cannot stand the site of blood, even if it's mine. and after that i was sooo sick. It was just as bad as when i was in taken to the hospital in August because we thought my appendix was exploding. Poor Josh, who was stuck with putting up with me. I feel absolutely terrible about that now. I wasn't supposed to get an ultra sound and just wait, but i wanted to know what was going on. So they gave in and gave me one. And yes, it was confirmed, i miscarried. It was a terrible feeling. I honestly had no idea it would be this terribly sad. I knew it would be sad, but i had no idea if would feel like i just lost someone, someone i didn't even know yet. It was so hard. Thankfully, my mom was great and just let me hang out there all day, just with my heating pad for the TERRIBLE cramps and let me watch movies all day. I got put on a lower tab thing that made me numb which was also great. I was so depressed for like a week or something after that. It was such a hard thing i had to go through. But i now just keep thinking about how it was just a trial i had to go through. And once we're both ready, it'll happen for us again, and i cannot wait for that day...

Comments