our first Christmas together!

Yes, yes it was fun. Josh didn't get off work til just after 3 so i spent all most of christmas eve helping my parents. Every year the Christmas eve dinner and fun is at my parents house so they do most of the cooking so i got to learn my favorite things ever!! cheesy beans!! i know, sounds gross right? but they are absolutely delicious! we all go crazy over them :) once i was able to get josh, we went over to his family's house for a few, just to do a few gift exhanges and stuff, which was cool.
Then we got there and the party started!! it was a delicious meal: prime rib, my mom tried this new potato recipe and it was to die for! cheesy beans! and lots of other yummy foods.
a neighborhood tradition, which i think is really cool, is we get white paper bags, fill them with cat litter and candles and light them and line our driveways and streets with them. It is definitely a pain putting up, but it went super speedy with everyone helping us, and dang, it is always so gorgeous. I just wish there was more snnow on the ground which makes it even prettier.
and of course, you can't forget to do some christmas caroling, can you? We did lots of fun songs, lots of hymns, and lots of primary songs that most of us didn't know..and definitely the hit song of the night was Queens "Bohemian Rahspody" haha, my dad suggested it and we all sang and danced. It's like my family's theme song. It was funny. Then sang some more.
Another tradition we started a couple years back, each person just goes to the dollar store and buys $1 gift/person and wraps them and we bring it for a gift exhange. my mom, usually, reads one of those christmas stories that has lots of "rights" and "lefts" and whichever one the reader says, we've gotta pass a gift in that direction. I ended it up some "jumping beans" i think they're called and my brother adam had a big fit over that one, but oh well. And Josh ended up with a Disney princess puzzle. We keep saying we're gonna glue it all and frame it. haha, wouldn't that be funny??
Then of courst it's Story time. You know, Everyone has to read the night before christmas...and how the Grinch stole christmas
And another tradition, we also get pajamas and we open them every christmas eve and wear them that night (But everyone basically does that now huh?)
And now we go to bed and wait for santa to come...


Christmas day! Normally, we wake up bright and early at 7, but this morning, since it was sunday and we have church at 9, we got up at a whopping 630 insteady. Woo Hoo. This morning, we just did our stockings and saw what Santa brought us. I got gloves, and a movie the bounty hunter haha i love that movie. Then time to get ready for church. Since we had to go cuz me, and my parents were in the ward choir and we did our annual christmas program. It turned out beautifully. There were some points we sounded almost like the morman tabernacle choir!! It was incredible. and many people were just tearing up. It was really a neat experience.

After all that fun stuff, we went home, had brunch, which was a raspberry pull apart (raspberry jam with rolls and stuff like that and it's declicious!) with eggs and sausage and orange juice. That's really the one day my family makes breakfast. it was definitely worth waiting for. it was fabulous!
Then presents...My fabulous husband got me all the Harry Potter movies on Blu Ray. Which he is now regretting since i'm making him sit down with me and watch them with me and he HATES those movies. But i got him an awesome watch and made up for it with that.

After all that, we just spent the day with family in Idaho Falls. with my family and we also spent a while with his dad as well, which was great.

It was a good, but long day. I was so exhausted and slept til 9 the next morning! that NEVER happens!!!
hope everyone had a great holiday and happy new years! ♥♥

Comments

  1. It was fun spending Christmas with you and Josh! I hope we didn't scare him too much. Especially with Bohemian Rhapsody! That's our new Christmas song tradition, right? Looking forward to more new traditions as you guys build your life together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment