Memorial day weekend

i know, I know. I'm a little late, but hey! these kids are keeping me busy, busy, busy.
Every year, we go up to my grandparents cabin in Montana for the long weekend. When we lived in Idaho, it was an easy trip. You know, 2 hour drive. EASY. it's not so easy living in Wyoming. We are now 8 hours away! grrr.... no, it's not terrible, but with kids, it can turn into 10-12 hours super fast.
Because of this, we decided to leave Friday night, after my dad gets off work. We left around 6 pm. And we planned on driving a couple hours, then staying the night in Cody, Wyoming for the night. Luckily, the drive was pretty smooth. nothing to report there. The hotel was decent. I felt so grown up! haha. staying in my own room, with the two kiddos.
The next morning, we woke up at 7, went down to breakfast, loaded up and was on our way. We decided Cody, because it's about halfway and it's right outside Yellowstone! It was so nice driving through the park. I wish we could've explored more. We did see a wolf tho! so that was pretty cool.

It was a very low key weekend. The kiddos were sick, coughing and all that fun stuff. I thought they'd get over it, but nope! runny noses for days. it was terrible! and of course, my mommy got it too (she gets everything the kids get!). so she was pretty miserable for most of the trip.
It was still gorgeous outside. it was nice being away from home. so here's just some pictures of the highlight of our trip.












It wasn't a weekend we all hoped would happen, but we still were with family, and it was still a good weekend! love you guys! thanks for the good weekend!

Comments