Idahome

The last 2ish weeks been in Idaho! For the 4th of July, we originally planned on going down to Denver to see Josh, but we decided we wouldn't be able to afford it and we just felt it was in the best interest of the kids. It was a hard decision, and we miss daddy like crazy. But we think it was a good decision.
Monday, the 27th, my mom picked up me and the kids to head to rexburg. The drive was ok. We didn't get going until later. Corbin was fussy, but Hyrum was awesome! He didn't have any accidents, so that's a plus! 
That week, we just tried to help my mom pack, so they can finally move to Wyoming! But Corbin met another milestone! He can sit up now! Our first day there, after a day of work, we went to the park! There's a splash park, with a carousel. Hyrum loved the carousel. Didn't like the splash pad. But oh well. It was nice to get out. 


Sunday, we drove up to my grandparents cabin in Montana. It was fun! It was great seeing my cousins that I don't see very often. Plus it was my grandma's birthday! It was a great day. Corbin was unusually fussy, but it was a good day! 


Monday was the 4th of July . We decided to try the parade. And one work: AWFUL. It was pathetic. I'm not going into detail, but the people were terrible. A nurse from community care, the people next to us, plus a grown man I'm front of us actually taking candy from little kids, like take candy out of their bags when they weren't looking! Unbelievable! It made me so glad to be out of there. Plus, the parade was just a whole bunch of advertisement. There were hardly any actual floats. Did I mention it was pathetic? 
So we headed home. We had an early dinner, because my dad had to leave to head 4 hours away for work. We had hot dogs, corn on the cob, frappés (sherbet and sprite... delicious!). Then we just spent the day together, basically hanging outside. It was a good day, minus the parade. I wish we could've been with Josh, but I'm so glad my parents were there. 





The rest of the week, we didn't do much. 


We headed back to Wyoming Friday (yesterday). It was a long drive. The kids did pretty good. Hyrum had a meltdown, but other than that, no big issues. 
Today is our first day home. I've got mixed feelings. I have missed my bed so much (we've been sleeping on air mattresses). But I'm so lonely. I cannot wait until family moves here, hopefully in a week! Thanks parents and brother for putting up with us and helping with the kids. We love you! 




Comments