Daddy's home!/birthday/father's day

This was a big weekend for us! Daddy came home!
Because we couldn't afford a hotel in Denver or a rental car for him to come here, we decided to just drive down there, pick him up, then take him back. Lots of driving for the kids, but anything's worth it just to see daddy!
We left after nap time on Thursday. It's about a 4 hour drive. No big deal, right? Well with Hyrum not using diapers (which is going amazingly well, by the way), we had to make a TON of stop. Plus, having to stop to feed Corbin...but by some miracle, we only added 20 minutes to our estimated arrival. It was a big deal for me. Lots of firsts. First time driving that far without another adult. First time driving that far WITH KIDS. First time going to Colorado. First time driving in city traffic. Holy cow that's a lot of firsts! BUT! I'm so proud that I did it! Once it turned to 4 lanes of traffic going one way, I did cry a little. But I did it! And I'm so proud I did!
That night, we stayed at Josh's apartment. He lives on the 3rd floor! That was fun: dragging all our stuff, plus the kids up all those stairs. He lives with 2 be other guys in a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. And josh has a room by himself, plus an extra bed. So we did have some room.
Friday, me and the kids stayed at the apartment while everyone else went to work. It was sooo boring. Nothing to do at all. Josh was off around 1, so we loaded up the car and headed home. In Cheyenne, (about an hour and a half away from Denver), we stopped and met up with my friend.



We got home around 830. We were pooped!
Saturday, nothing happened. It was too hot. So we just stayed home and spent time together.
Sunday was my 24th birthday! And fathers day! We didn't really do much that day either. Josh had this big wrestling match to watch. but I'm just glad he was home! We had our favorite meal..pot roast and funeral potatoes. Yummy in my tummy!
Monday, we headed back to Denver. We left at noon, right before nap time. That was much easier. The kids slept half the drive and we only had to stop once! It was awesome! As soon as we got there, we headed to my favorite restaurant, spaghetti factory, for my birthday dinner! Yummy!
Tuesday, we had to head back home. We left at 730. Ya, Denver rush hour! Woo hoo! But luckily, Josh's first appointment was the same direction so we were able to follow him and that helped my fear a lot. We followed him about 40 minutes. We followed him until it switched to 2 lanes. The rest of the drive was awful tho. Hyrum kept peeing his pants. Had to keep stopping. Corbin kept crying. It was 100 degrees outside. It was just miserable. But we got home about noon. Just in time for nap! I've decided next time we go down there, we will leave right before nap. It's so much easier that way!
So that it was a good weekend! We didn't do anything, but it was so nice having josh back for a couple days. We already miss him like crazy! But we already have a countdown. When we originally said good bye, we didn't know when We'd see each other again. But we have a countdown and not that far away! Only 9-10 days! Yay! We're going back down there for 4th of July. His work is having a big party and a lot of his co-workers are having family come down, so we will too! I'm so excited! We love and miss you josh!


Comments