Long family Christmas party!

It's my favorite time of year! Christmas season! I love getting to spend time with family.
Josh's family has an annual Christmas party every year, a couple weeks before Christmas. It was held on Saturday, December 12th. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous. This won't be the first time most of them meet Corbin. I'm still learning breastfeeding. I finally have my cover, but it was my first time really using it in front of people. I was overwhelmed! The first time I needed to feed corbin, I sat in a back room, with the door wide open (so it was really kinda pointless), hiding from people.  The next time, I decided to just do it. I need to figure It out or else I'd be by myself the whole time. And what fun Is That?! So I did it and I feel so great about it! I mean.. Really. There shouldn't be anything weird about it. All I'm doing is feeding my child. So I'm pretty proud. I'm getting better and More confident about it!
For dinner, we had soup, Rolls and veggies. With hot chocolate for drinks! It was yummy!
After that, they did something they haven't done yet... A nativity scene! We were asked to be Mary, Joseph and Jesus because we have a tiny baby, and we were fine doing it but some little kids decided they wanted to do it so we Got out of it. It was darling!
Then we did our annual white Christmas gift exchange. The rules... We're not allowed to spend any money! So in years past we've done toilet paper, old baby food, used candle and shampoo. Stuff like that. This year I couldn't think of ANYTHING that hasn't been done before, so we just have some old toys (a backpack, cars and stuffed animals). We got back a Stuffed reindeer that hyrums LOVES, dart board, and fake flowers. We look forward to it every year. It can get pretty hilarious.
Another thing we look forward to every year is grandma Long makes everyone pajamas. It's always so fun to see what designs we get this year. Our 2 boys footy matching green ones and I got green flowers and Josh got green as well, so we all Kinda matched, which is cute! We had a good time, look forward to it next year! Now Next week we'll spend time with my family for Christmas, which we love every year as well. So look forward to that post!
Also.. Corbin turns 1 month this week! Can you believe it?! So look forward for an update on him too! So much is going on. I love my family :)

Comments