1 month already?!

Holy cow! Its been a month already since we were in the hospital meeting our precious boy for the first time! And now I can't imagine our Life without him!
Let's start with how I'm recovering.. It's been pretty smooth. Every now and then, my sciatica starts acting up again. I need to go to the chiropractor! And every so often, I start getting randoms pains. But other than that, things are good! I Don't have a scale so I have no idea how much weight I've lost since giving birth, but I know I'm under prepregnancy weight because I didn't gain anything while pregnant! I Had to go shopping a couple weeks ago because I couldn't find my prepregnancy pants. I was shocked...i am a size smaller than I was when I got pregnant with him! And since then those pants are even getting bigger on me. I am so happy with that! I'm Also getting the hang of this whole breastfeeding thing. The first while, in the hospital and a couple days after, were rough. He had a lip tie, which we got clipped at the hospital (Hyrum had one as well and I think I would've been more successful if we discovered it in the hospital). Plus CORBIN has a recessed jaw, so he Couldn't get a deep enough latch, so I had to get a nipple shield, which I still have to use every feeding and that is stressful! It's clear, so it's easily lost. We're hoping to move past it soon. A couple days ago, we had a big milestone! For the past month, the only way he would eat is with the football hold, like you're holding a football to the side of you, which makes it hard if I'm out in public, because I need a pillow. Well we finally mastered the cradle hold, which is the "normal" way, where he's across my body, so it is much easier if I need to feed out in public.

I can't believe he's already a month Old! Where did that time go?!
-Loves his sleep. He sleeps about 6 hours straight at night then after another 4 hours. He's already done one night where he slept 8 hours. Woo hoo!
-hardly cries, unless he is hungry or needs a diaper change
-smiled for the first time yesterday morning! We were just cuddling in bed, before the other bits woke up and I looked down and he gave me the cutest gummy smile ever! Melted my heart.
-met Santa for the first time! He let Santa hold him, whereas Hyrum was terrified! Haha
-master eater. He loves his mommy Milk.
-I'm not sure what he weighs now, but I know he's getting bigger! He's growing out of newborn clothes and diapers! Say what?!

He is such a blessing in our lives. I'm so glad that (someday..haha) he will call me momma. We live you Corbin Robert!












Comments