Well that was anm adventure..

I know, I know, I just posted yesterday. But I should probably write this down before i forget.
Me and Hyrum ended up at the hospital last night. What happened? Well...
We needed food... BAD. So as soon as josh got off work, we wanted to go get groceries. No big deal. Hyrum hates walking down the steps, so one of us usually carries him. And stone Josh was waiting for us in the car, I got that lovely job. Right in front of our car, I stepped wrong. So me and Hyrum both went falling to the ground. And the way I was holding him, his head hit the ground, and his feet kicked my belly really hard. I also sprained my ankle. And my knee is hurting so bad. I was in so much pain and could hardly move. I started sobbing. Josh comes running out to check on me, Plus we have an awesome neighbor that came to help too. So grateful for them! Hyrum acted fine at the time so we still went to the store. I could hardly walk so we got one of those carts for kids, and I sat down next to Hyrum and rode while Josh pushed us. Got some strange looks but I just didn't care.
We get home, I'm still struggling to walk, so my dinner plans go out the window so I just make mac and cheese. While I was doing that, Hyrum started acting really weird. He got really tired, which I kinda blamed on the time change. His body was saying it was bedtime even tho we still had an hour. But then he starts throwing up everywhere. And TMI, but it didn't look normal. It was awful. So I call my mom and ask what she thinks it could be. She told us to check his eyes and sure enough, they were dilated. He was staring to get signs of a concussion. Plus throughout this whole time, I have yet to feel little boy, which was scary.
So I called the hospital nurse line (something they just started doing within this past month! Handy!). And I told her all the symptoms of Hyrum and she said to take him to the er. And I should go to labor and delivery to check on baby, especially since I'm 36 weeks pregnant and there could be chance of placenta tearing, Plus I wasn't feeling him.
So we head in. Ugh. It was gonna be a late night. It was about 8. And you know how hospitals can be very slow. So Josh stays with Hyrum, and I get taken up by wheelchair to labor and delivery. It absolutely sucked not being with Hyrum. I only knew what was going on by what Josh was texting to me. So I get to a bed, they hook me up to a machine that is constantly listening to his heartbeat and measures contractions and movement. Luckily, his heartbeat was around 136. And movement started picking up. I had to be hooked up to the machine for an hour. It was awesome being able to listen to his heartbeat for that long but it was a long time with nothing to do! My phone was almost dead and I couldn't let it die because I needed a way to get ahold of Josh. So I was very bored. I had a meltdown while I was there too. I was alone. I Texted Josh and asked him how Hyrum was and he sent back saying Hyrum just threw up again and I completely lost it. It was my fault. I was the one that fell. In his 2 1/2 years of life, I have NEVER dropped him before now. I felt SOOO SOOO bad. The nurses probably thought I was crazy. But after that, they gave him some zofran I believe it's called to help with the throwing up. And they gave him a Popsicle to see if he could keep that down. They didn't think he had a concussion, but they didn't want to do any scans because that is a lot of radiation for such a little boy. So they would do it if he still threw up. Plus we needed to wake him up 3 times throughout the night, make sure he wasn't confused or anything. They got discharged before me so they just came up to my room and waited for my tests to be done. Hyrum just cuddled with Josh. He was so tired and I don't blame him! Finally, things were good to go and I was able to be discharged! It was about 10,but because of the time change that barely happened, it felt MUCH later. We were all exhausted. Hyrum fell asleep as soon as we got home. He also slept all night, except when I had to wake him up to check on him. He did good tho and he didn't throw up!
Today, I'm extremely sore. Thank heavens for Tylenol! Hyrums still a little sleepy as well. So we're not doing much today, just watching movies and cuddling. Which is fine by me! Soon, it won't just be me and him so I'm gonna enjoy these last moments of just us during the day! We only have about 17 days left. Crazy huh?!
I'm just so grateful for everyone that helped yesterday. We have some awesome people in our lives.

Comments