Thanksgiving!

First holiday as a family of four! Corbin was exactly a week old. We decided that me and the 2 boys would stay at my parents house Until that day, so my mom close help me out and I had a little more time to recover. I'm so grateful we did! It was hard not seeing Josh every day, and I felt awful that he couldn't see our newborn everyday. But it was for the best. We missed him so much! He luckily had that day off (they were closed!) so he could be with us. It was great seeing him again!
This year, we celebrated it at my grandparents house, which is just across town from us. And 30 minutes away from my parents. It was us, my Parents and brother, grandparents, aunt, cousin and his wife.
We had a great time visiting everyone and they all loved meeting corbin for the first time. And as always, Hyrum made us all smile. That silly boy of mine!
It was very low key and DELICIOUS! I did have to keep leaving so I could breast feed so I missed out on a lot, just makes me want to get a cover, which I can hopefully Order soon! It was just nice to see family that I haven't seen in a while. And thanksgiving food is seriously the best! I look forward to it every year. Its also the start of Christmas season, which is my favorite. I love the decorations, the lights, the music, the movies, the feeling of Christmas, being with family. Its my favorite time of year. And I get to spend it with my 3 favorite boys! I'm so excited to have a newborn this year!
I didn't take too many pictures of my boys this holiday. My mom took the one of Hyrum starting into the fridge. And I took the one of corbin.



Thursday, after our thanksgiving get together, it was time to load my stuff into our car and head home. I was a big ball of emotions. I was so excited to go home and be with Josh again so we can Bond as a family of four, but I was completely TERRIFIED of taking care Of 2 kids by myself. I had so much help from my family, what would it be like to do it all on my own? 
So far... Holy cow, its been HARD. There's good and bad days, just times it by one hundred. I can't get much done because I'm always feeding corbin. Which, by the way, is going MUCH better. How latch, for the most part, is great. My supply is Good. I'm so pleased! I still pump for 20 minutes a day, For emergencies. The Day after we got home, Hyrum got a stomach bug. Yay! So he's been sick, then that night, I had another stinking gallbladder attack. Thank heavens I still had some left over formula so Corbin could Eat, Since I was in too much pain to feed him. Now of course, I have whatever Hyrum was sick with so I feel awful! 
The days have been rough. I'm sick, tired. Luckily, Corbin is a fairly good sleeper. There's been a couple nights he's up all night but for the most part, he's only up twice (between 10 and 9). But Hyrums definitely having a hard time adjusting. Last night, I had a meltdown when Josh came home because I was so overwhelmed. Hyrum is living pushing buttons right now and I have no clue how to handle it. Luckily he's cute! Haha. Today has been much better, minus me being sick. Hyrum has listened and Been willing to help. He is playing with Corbin, talking to Corbin. Or is so precious! Every day since I've been home we've had someone from our ward being us dinner. I am so grateful, especially since I've been sick, Plus still recovering. We've had soup, pasta, rolls, LOTS of cookies (seriously, 3 Out of 4 days we've gotten cookies. Hyrum is in heaven!), Pie. I am so grateful! Plus, someone in the relief society makes blankets, so we got that and a matching burp cloth. They are adorable! I love them so much! 
Its been a hard adjustment, but I'm so grateful for all the help I've received. And I'm so grateful these 2 baby boys chose me to be their mom. I love my little family, as challenging as it can be, it's the greatest adventure ever!

Comments