He's here!

Yay! We are now a family of 4! I can't believe it! Here's my birth story:
I was scheduled to go into Labor and delivery Wednesday, November 18th. I needed to wake up at 530 am to start calling The hospital to see if they have room for me to go in. They don't. And from how it sounded they were very busy. They instructed to call back at 8. Same thing. And then just call back every 2 hours. It was so hard passing time. I just want to meet my baby! So my mom takes us to arctic circle for lunch and they have an inside play structure. Hyrum had a blast!


I called back at 2. Still no room. I was getting pretty hopeless that they would get me in today. And I was so stressed because it had to be today since Josh only had that day and Thursday off of work. I was close to tears at that point. I was supposed to call back at 4, but they called me at 330 saying to Come up and it's time! Yay! So we rushed to get everything ready. Say or goodbyes to Hyrum. And headed up there. My nerves were crazy! Aww! It's time! 


We get there, get into our room. They made me take a shower, just in case I'd need a c section. They come back in and it's time to get hooked up! Yay! The time is here! Getting the iv in was awful!  My veins are so bad and I had to get poked 5 times! In the middle, I got so sick. I was sweating so bad and almost passed out. I had to put my head between my knees. It was terrible! Then the Dr comes in to break my water. That was bad too! It hurt! And I Screamed. So embarrassing to think back on. They wanted to do that first, just to see if Contractions would start on their own. I was still dilated To a 2. 


We waited a little bit to see if labor would start without the pitocin. It didn't. I was disappointed. With Hyrum, I didn't need pitocin at all. But oh well. My baby boy would still be here soon. So they started the pitocin. Within minutes, my contractions started. Holy cow! Ouch! I heard pitocin contractions were bad but I had no idea! I was so stinking hot. I threw up. I was miserable. But on the plus side, I Was much nicer to everyone this time. My nurse was really impressed with how I handled breathing thru The contractions. I finally had enough and requested the epidural. So the anesthesiologist comes in. No big deal. It was fine. It was hard to stay still but I did it. Very proud of myself. Thank heavens for my awesome nurse that helped calm me down. 
We waited for it to kick in and work, then she decided to check Dilation. I was only at maybe a 4! I thought I'd be much further along! 
Right before I got the epidural, they have to say all the risks that come along with it. And one of The risks, Blood pressure can drop. And of course, that's Exactly what happened. My Blood pressure dropped. I don't know what it went to. So she gave me some meds that should help. It didn't. Have me some more. Still not helping. So Yay me and I need to get on oxygen! 


After that, baby's Heart rate started dropping. It was terrifying! It would get fine then drop again. And my blood pressure was all over the place. At some point, Josh left to go put Hyrum to bed and my mom Came to be with me so I wouldn't be alone. 
Anyways, the nurse runs into my room. She doesn't say anything except I have to turn into my side as fast as I can. Talk about scary! Baby's Heart beat dropped from about 120 to below 100 which is VERY low! So she had to do the catheter stuff, then She had to put this thing in me, on baby's head, which is better at keeping track of his heart (as opposed to the thing that was wrapped around my belly). Thank heavens things were fine after that. She also checked dilation and I was about a 5. Things were progressing but not as fast as Hyrum. 
Luckily, after that, nothing happened. Josh came back and left Hyrum sleeping at moms house. My brother was there with him to look after him. 
At 1157, she comes running in again. I was scared. She decided to check me again. Then she announced... It's time!  
Holy cow! What?! Last I heard I was only at a 5! How did that happen?! And Josh even bet That it would be around midnight. But no one believed him. That made him feel awesome haha. So the nurse was running around, getting things ready. She got sold off the Dr, who was next door delivering another baby. I only needed to do 1 Real push and 2 half Pushes to get him out. It happened so fast that the Dr was only walking thru the door when baby was out! He literally flew out. He also had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and around his arm once. Thank heavens the bed want taken apart yet so he didn't end up on the floor! Haha. So my delivery was said to be an "rn delivery" because my nurse delivered! Poor Josh tho. He didn't handle it too well. He got really sick. A couple cool things. 1. It was fast! Not as fast as hyrums, but still only about 8 hours start to finish. 2. I got to cut the umbilical cord! Josh Cut hyrums and he did not want to do it again, so this time, I got to! I was nervous but I'm so glad I did it! So meet... 

CORBIN ROBERT LONG
date/time: November 19th, 2015 @ 1202 am
Weight: 6 lbs 10 oz 
Length: 20 inches 




He is a doll! He hardly cried. Even when they have him the vit K shot. It was so busy at the hospital that I couldn't do much recovery time in the delivery room. We only got about 30 minutes. So I had to transfer from the Bed to the Wheelchair while my epidural was still wearing off and it was still strong! That was fun! But my bed in recovery was so much better! We had them take Corbin out so we could do some sleeping. It was a long day. And especially night. That first day was pretty nice. We just rested. I had yummy food. We watched movies. Lots of Comedy movies. Hyrum can't to visit and he was not a fan. He Kept trying to run away. He refused to look at Corbin. 





Nothing much happened at the hospital. We got released around 4 Friday afternoon. Yay! 

Being home has been a challenge! Breastfeeding has been very difficult. The whole time I was in the hospital, I had to have a lactation consultant with me to help. I'm also extremely sore because the uterus has to shrink down to its normal size. So to do that, I'm basically having contractions. They hurt SOOO bad! I can hardly do anything. I'm stuck on the couch with my heating pad. But breastfeeding is slowly getting better. I'm pumping to get my supply up. We still need to work on latch but it's getting there. I'm impressed with how much I can pump! Hopefully I can keep it up and be successful at this. Hyrum has been doing good with a baby. He immediately wanted to hold him. It took a while but he also gave him a kiss and trying to hold Corbin's bottle. So sweet!

Mommy and daddy and big brother love you Corbin! We are so excited to watch you grow into a wonderful young man! We love you so much! Thanks for joining our family! <3

Comments