Trip to Wyoming...

It's been an eventful while, which explains the absence. I apologize. September 1st was an exciting day! My moms parents (Grammy and papa) got home from their mission! We haven't seen them in a year. We decorated their garage, mom cooked dinner AND dessert. It was so nice to see them again! It was so weird not seeing them for a whole year.
While we were there, we got the call that my dads mom (grandma) had passed away. She has been really sick for a while now, so not totally unexpected.
So off to Wyoming we go. Originally, Josh wasn't gonna go with us, but we decided he should come as well. Luckily, it was easy to find people to cover his shift.
Thursday, we loaded up the car to head up to my parents house. We had a Dr appointment that day (I'll talk about that next post), plus we planned heading out early Friday morning.
Friday, we headed out. We wanted to leave by 8, but you know, Carey time. We didn't get out til like 9 or 10. It's about a 6 hour drive. Thru Wyoming. So not exciting at all. Hyrum is such a champ in the car tho.
Got there, had to head to a family viewing. And just spend time with family. This was Josh's first time meeting most of my family, and I haven't seen most for 4-6 years. And almost everyone was there. So that was nice. That night, we found a Mexican restaurant down the road to have dinner. It was an experience to say the least. Waited for food. The bathroom was DISGUSTING. There were flies flying all over our food. The only good part was I had a burrito and it was actually pretty good. I was shocked.
Saturday morning was the funeral. It was beautiful. I loved hearing all the stories that I've never heard before. The granddaughters had to do a musical number. We did a couple primary songs, because grandma loved those. I'm so grateful Josh came with us so he could watch Hyrum so I could actually listen and be there with my family. Immediately after, we had a luncheon. It was crazy. We got talking to the ward clerk and it turns out his cousin works with Josh! Small world! We had chicken, salads, rolls, ice cream, etc. It was pretty good.
Then we headed out to the grave site, which was about an hour away. So another long car ride, and Hyrum did so good. It was beautiful.
That night, we went to a BBQ place for dinner. Not a fan of that place at all. It took FOREVER to get drinks out. And Josh's drink was extremely flat and disgusting. He told the waiter and he blamed Josh, without offering to refill it. Awful. We had to flash down the waiter to take our orders. There wasn't anything on the adult menu that appealed to me, so I just ordered mac and cheese from the kids menu to split with Hyrum. It was actually pretty good, I was shocked. Hyrum liked it too!
Sunday, we left. We had to say goodbye to everyone. Hyrum had a hard time leaving grandpa. They really bonded this weekend. Grandpa has a motorized wheelchair and Hyrum LOVED getting rides! We hardly saw him! And still, a couple days later, Hyrum still talks about it!
We left and headed to Casper, to my dads apartment. We didn't do too much. We just went to dinner at this place, kinda like Dennys, serves mostly breakfast food all day. But there's other food too. I had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. It was pretty yummy! Walking thru the parking lot, I stubbed my toe really bad. I'm pretty sure i broke it. It also started bleeding. Ya, that was fun. It hurts so bad.
Monday was the day we had to head back home. But before we headed back, we wanted to try and find this ghost town. That was unsuccessful tho, unfortunately. It was a 7 hour drive and it was rough. I had a gallbladder attack. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as what I've had before, but it still sucks, none the less.
It was a decent trip, considering the circumstances. It was nice seeing those family members. We're very grateful for my parents for letting us tag along. I didn't take many pictures, but here's a couple that I did take.



Comments