Happy 4th of July!

Normally the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. You know, the parade, family BBQ, then hanging out watching fireworks. I look forward to it. Sometimes we'd go camping at my grandparents cabin, which is just as fun.
This year, I was simply dreading it. Josh was required to work. He was scheduled until 7 that night, but we know not to follow that schedule. It all depends on how busy they are. So he can get off early or later than his schedule. He's never actually gotten off at the time his schedule says so we just ignore it. We were anticipating him having to stay until at least 9 or 10, because his coworker asked if he can take over part of her shift so she can leave early... And we needed the money. So he would be gone all day. Plus, my family had a family reunion with my dads side and we couldn't afford to go. So it looked like me and Hyrum were gonna be stuck inside by ourselves all day. So not awesome. Plus, I'm still a little sore from spending the night in the hospital.
That morning, we just went and got some groceries before josh had to go to work. Nothing too exciting. Then he left and me and Hyrum played until nap time. Hyrum napped for 4 hours (1-5)! And as soon add he woke up, I got the text from Josh saying he was off! 2 hours earlier than his schedule said and 5 hours earlier than we were anticipating! So we scrambled (I loaded up on medicine for my back) and got ready.
We decided to drive down to the greenbelt. On this day every year they have vendors and fun things to look at and do. We aren't planning on spending the whole time there, so we didn't bring blankets, chairs, entertainment. But we found a great spot right on the river and just decided not to leave.



We got fudge, nutty bars, just got Hyrum a bubble gun thing to entertain him. It wasn't too bad. I do wish we brought blankets at least because the grass didn't feel too good, especially on my legs. And I really wanted to lay down. But other than that it wasn't too bad.
We had to wait about 4 1/2 hours till the fireworks began. It seemed like a long time, but it wasn't awful. We ended up meeting Josh's coworker and her little boy. And Hyrum made a new best friend. He wouldn't even acknowledge us for the most part!


Then the show started. It was OK. It wasn't as big as I remember, but it's been a couple years. Hyrum LOVED them! I was really worried about the loud noises but he did great. This was his first time seeing fireworks. He had to get comfy tho, sitting in his stroller with a pillow and blanket.




I was really worried about traffic getting out, but it was surprisingly easy. It only took about 10 minutes. So not bad at all! 

It was a good night and I'm so glad I got to spend it with Josh and Hyrum! Love you boys! Isn't it crazy to think next year we'll have 2 boys?! I'm so excited! 

Comments