Vegas in March...

We had the opportunity to go to Vegas! 
We went this last weekend, so luckily it wasn't too hot... Yet. The high was 86* one day then the rest was in the 70s. It was a great break from the cold here in boring Idaho. 
Day 1: traveling
We left about 2 on Wednesday. We just drive down to southern Utah to a town named hurricane. It was a 7 hour drive. And Hyrum was a champ! He played and we downloaded blues clues (his all time favorite show) to Josh's iPad and he was so content! It was great! It stormed from the Utah border clear down to cedar city tho. But it was a smooth drive still. 

Rush hour in salt lake is GREAT! *enter sarcasm here*



Day 2: getting there
We left about 9 and it's a 2 hour drive but with the time change, we got there at 10. We stayed with Josh's brother, Jacob. We didn't do too much, just went around and saw some of Josh's old friends. 


Day 3: adventuredome day
We went to the adventuredome in circus circus. It's like an amusement park inside. They have lots of different rides. It was fun, but I think it would've been better if we were younger (yes, I just said that!). We rode a roller coaster and it was the scariest thing I've ever ridden! You know screamin in Disneyland California adventure? This was way worst!! We also did happy feet, which is like the Star Wars ride in Disneyland. And bumper cars! That had to be the high light of the day. 



After that, we headed to the park to meet some friends. The weather was lovely! Just so many birds! 

Day 4: everything else
It was the hottest day yet. About 86*! We got a later start that day because we were exhausted. We went and saw another one of Josh's friends. Then we met up some family on the strip. It was hot but it was fun. 

Then we had Josh's great grandmas 90th birthday party at a Mexican restaraunt. Nothing exciting at all. 

Then went to the strip at night and met some of Josh's good friends. It was fun. We took Hyrum and the minute we put him in the stroller he passed out. I don't blame him. The strip, on a Saturday night, is AWFUL! So many people. We even had to do valet parking. But we went inside Caesars palace, which is somewhere I've never been so it was fun. So pretty! I also love the lights at night. 




And of course it wouldn't be a trip without... 

Day 5: coming home
We had to do all 9 1/2 hours because of work the next day. It was such a long drive. The weather was awful. In st. George, it was windy and raining. Cedar city, it started snowing (oh heat. How I missed you already!). There were so many accidents and slide offs. But once again, Hyrum was a champ. 


My mom sent me this pic that I get to look forward to getting home. This all happened in just a few short hours! 

So now that I'm done with all the pics, I apologize! I tried not to make it so long. But! It was a fun trip. It was great to get out for 5 days. I was so excited to get back in my bed and actually have a schedule again (hello, bedtime at 8!). I'm not gonna lie, I miss the heat. I cried when I saw how much snow we have outside. We look forward to going back again soon! Xoxo













Comments