My FAST delivery!!

Well we have our son! Here's what happened...
For the last 2 weeks at my Dr appointments, my cervix was not all dilated. It was only at a 1 and WAY high up there so on Monday we discussed with the Dr about inducing me. We decided the 7th (my due date). I was supposed to call l & d about 6 o'clock to see if they have room for me to put in cervadil (something to just RIPPEN the cervix) and 12 hours later we'll start me on pitocin which actually starts the contractions to induce me. So they call me at 430 and told me to call back at 7. So I get everything packed, and call them at 7 and then they said they'll call by 10 if they have room. Well...they finally called at 9 saying to come in at 10! Ok cool.
We get there, get signed in. They took blood samples, which was fine. They then had to get the iv started. The nurse with me tried TWICE in my left arm, but blew both those veins. Ouch! So they get someone to get it in the right hand. She finally succeeded. Then I had to get checked to see if I've done any progress and man that hurt! It took them forever to get the cervadil in, which has to be behind.the cervix for.it to work. I was still only about a 1 and that was about 130ish.
For thale first hour I was fine. Having contractions but couldn't feel them. Then bam, they were miserable! I was yelling at josh, I got some pain meds but those did nothing! At 4 the nurse wanted to check my cervix again to see what progress I've made. I declined since I thought I wasn't doing anything and it only hurt to do. I should've tho! They allow the epidural at 4 cm. But since I was scared...
At 6 that morning the nurse that took care of me left and I had this other girl come in. She was cute, and strict. She tried calming me down...didn't work too well haha. For inducing procedures, they shower you before the induction actually begins. I started getting super contractions, and I kept having the urge to push. One of.the nurses said it was.just cuz he was dropping and hitting the cervix lower. Well after.a.terrible shower, my Dr finally got to the hospital and said ok you're acting like you're in enough pain we'll just get you the epidural without checking since I'm probably past a 4. Then last minute he decided to check me just in case. Generally it kills when I get checked but this time I didn't even feel it. He all of a.sudden announced its time! Holy crap! I went from 1 cm -10 cm in just the matter of hours. And the reason I had to push in the shower...he was crowning! So we called my mom to rush over and I got.the epidural..at 10 cm! The dude that did it says he hardly has anyone sit as still as me when they're that far along. Eventually it kicked in and it was the most beautiful thing.  it was wonderful! They let that sit in for a bit. And oh! The Dr that was supposed to deliver me had a.csection to do cuz we all thought I wouldn't progress like that and I wouldn't deliver til 8 pm at least! So we called in his partner, who was excellent! After one practice push, and one real push HE WAS OUT!!!! full name: Hyrum Patrick long size: 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches! He is beautiful and I cannot stop looking at him. He is perfect!
So far today he's been such a good boy. Sleeps eats and hardly cries. I love him so much. I can't believe he's my son! As hard as my mostly natural birth, I have already forgotten and it is sooo worth it!

Comments

Post a Comment