What a long time it's been...

i havent posted in forever! There were pictures i wanted to put as a part of this post, but it's pretty hard when my sweet husband did something with the memory card and i can't find it ANYWHERE! :( When i get my hands on it, i promise i'll put the pictures on. I just felt like maybe i should write something, since it's been more than a MONTH since i posted something! So i'll just update you as what happened the WHOLE month of July:
The 4th of July happened. No big deal. We didn't do too much. I really wanted to go to the parade in Rexburg, like i do every year, but things happened and we were in Idaho Falls instead. Every 4th, there's a little street festival, or whatever you want to call it, right down on the greenbelt in I.F. and we took my father in law to that. It was fun, just HOT! 30 minutes there and i was already ready to go home. They had delicious lemonade which was fantastic and helped us cool down a little. After walking around for like 1 hour-ish, we just ran some errands real quick, nothing too exciting there. After that, we went to Famous Daves for lunch. it's a BBQ place, and lots of people love it. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ but i've heard nothing but great things about them, so i decided to try it out. It was ok, just a bit spicy for my taste. I honestly don't think i'll be going there again. At least i hope not. Not my favorite, but hey, i tried something new, which, if you know me, that doesn't happen very often. After that, we took my father-in-law home and we just hung out a little. By like 4 that afternoon, we were already ready to go home. I really love coming down to I.F. for the fireworks. it's supposedly the "biggest show west of the Mississippi" and it is huge. I love it and have every year. But even then...i was so tired and hot and just miserable at that point. We decided to go home, and hang out with my mom and brother. We wanted to do a celebration of our own instead. In Rexburg, the fireworks...not too great. We went up on the hill and sat by the temple, got a gorgeous view. But guess what?! they decided to do the firework show BEFORE it was even dark!! it finished BEFORE it was dark! it only lasted a whopping 13 minutes! oh my gosh...it just reminded me why i've always hated the ones there. But it was a great time to be with family tho.
The next night (or 2 nights after...i can't remember), we had our own celebration with family and had a delicious dinner, and once it got dark (yes, we know to do fireworks AFTER its dark!) we did our own firework show. And can i just say it was MUCH better than the "professional" show we saw. It was so much fun, but i fell asleep cuz of how tired i've been. Lets just say...i'm not a night person at all.

The rest of the month...nothing too exciting happened. I just had to work a couple times a week. Now a days, me and Josh are spending most of our time in I.F. with his family, just to save us money on gas. It has been fantastic and i'm so grateful they let us stay here.

Josh is kinda going to school, it's just a free thing and he gets classes, which are nice. Especially since he needs help on Math. So it's been great for him. Also, currently, he is working at a place called "Northwest Cosmetics" it's just a temp job, but it works. There he's putting like lotion and stuff in bottles, or putting boxes together so they can ship them to places. It's been ok, he just has to be there by 6:30 in the morning! so he's been waking up at 5:45 and when he wakes up, i wake up. So now a days i've been just EXHAUSTED :( But hey, it's more money so we can move :)

A couple weeks ago, i got EXTREMELY sick, like i couldn't even walk. oh my gosh, i about died. i was in sooo much pain. The hardest part was probably sleeping. I couldn't put my legs together, which means i can't roll on to my side to sleep, since my legs couldn't go together and i'm not a huge back sleeper. it was terrible! I handled it for like 2 days, and then it got so bad, Josh convinced me to go to the ER. We were in I.F. at the time, but i wanted to go back to Rexburg, and can i say that was the longest drive EVER. especially since the roads to get home were closed. We got there about 930 at night and after a couple test, they concluded it was a bladder infection. They gave me some medicine right then and there. We go back to my parents house and didn't get there til about 1-ish. A couple days passed, and the medicine was NOT working. So i ended up at the doctors, yet again. After a couple tests there, they concluded it was NOT a bladder infection, but another infection (not gonna say cuz it's really gross and not necessary). They gave me some more medicine. This HUGE pill (and i can't swallow pills to begin with) and this ointment thing (According to everyone, it's so strong i have to wear gloves to apply, yet it didn't work. i was so disappointed!) The doctors sure did get a good laugh about how i was walking tho. Since i couldn't walk right, it was more of waddling or something. Josh got a video of it on his phone. It's so embarrassing! i got the worst looks when i walked in to Wal-mart to fill my prescriptions.

Now keep in mind how much pain i was in. On that Saturday, we had this boating trip planned. We were gonna be on the road by 8 or so, since i had to be to work by 3 (but the dr gave me a drs note so i didn't have to go in at all!) but now that i don't have to go in to work, we were able to spend the whole day out on the water. Now you must know how much i love boating. I probably shouldn't of gone, just because of how much pain i was in, but i didn't care. I just took comfortable clothes that could get wet if that happened and something that wouldn't make me extremely hot. I settled with some lose short shorts, with a tank top, and my "water dress" on top of that. It was actually very comfortable. And i took a big fluffy pillow to sit on. I was so sad tho. I couldn't get in the water. I couldn't move from that one spot. When we were just driving around, i eventually moved by Josh, but for the most part i did not move. I mean, i just couldn't. It was a fun trip, but i really wish i could've done more. I love being in the tube, or being able to go swimming. I'm still just glad i could go. Last year, due to school obligations, i didn't go boating at all last year. so at least this year, i was with my family and boating. I really appreciate my family for letting me go.

The next day, my family went up to Montana to where my dad's been living. And Josh had to leave me because on Monday he had to be to work by 630, so he had to come stay down at his family's. Which left my sick self all alone at my parents house. It was hard, since i couldn't do much. It took a lot just for me to get myself dinner, but i did enjoy some quiet time. And i don't know what happened, but my infection thing basically disappeared (it was a bit more graffic but no need to go in to detail). At first it got REALLY bad, and then all of a sudden it vanished! It was funny sleeping. I was so used to not being able to sleep on my side, i felt so uncomfortable and just weird. But i'm so glad it's gone now :) I've still gotta get those dang pills down til they're gone so the infection will be completely gone. I cannot wait. They're a pain and i absolutely hate them. But oh well...gotta do it :(

Monday was fun! Every year, we have a "dance festival" which is where dance groups from all over the world come and dance their kind of dance for us, and they were fun costumes and it's just great. we always have this street festival that happens on the monday they're here, and it's always so much fun! Last year it started down pouring on us, which definitely made it an experience to remember. But this year...it was nice and warm. since my family's gone, me and Josh went and met up with some family friends i've known since i was three. The street festival starts at like 5 or 530, and then there's a parade at 630, that shows the dancers and they do a small performance. They were great! Our friends got there early enough that they were able to get some seats in the shade! it made the nice summer heat feel fantastic! It was a good night, spending time with Josh and friends. It was also nice being able to get out for once without having to waddle! i felt nice for once and it was nice to get out.

Sorry that's so long, but lots happened since last time i posted! Hopefully i'll be able to find my memory card (actually...i think i'll make Josh find it hehe) and i'll upload my pictures from the boating trip and you can see how much fun they had! :) ♥

Comments