This week in Review...

Honestly, nothing much has happened recently! I've been busy, but not. If that makes any sense at all...

So last week, I GOT A JOB! I am now working at MasterCuts: cutting, coloring, perming, waxing, and it all! It has been long, just trying to start it up and all. Since i didn't get my license right away, and it took freaking forever, because My school forgot to send in my paperwork to the state. Anyways, they finally got it in and i FINALLY got my license! The day i started was the day i got my license, so it was quite an exciting day. But the first day was also a very slow day. The managers boss didn't get my "background check" back yet, so i wasn't really allowed to do anything yet. So instead of getting in the system, really learning how everything goes, me and 2 others just watched movies about coloring or cutting hair. I seriously watched at least 15 movies. It was good for the first 5 movies, then we just hung out and stuff. I guess i'll just watch them again later haha.

The second day was a bit more enjoyable. They FINALLY got my "background check" back, so i was able to get into the system. Which was a lot more enjoyable, and i was actually able to learn how they do things, like the computer things and whatnot. We still watched a couple more movies. I also did my first haircut in a salon! it was GREAT! It was a good first haircut; nice, simple, and just a trim. They all said i was great, and fast. and i did GOOD! They all seemed surprised, especially since i wasn't nervous at all. It was fantastic!

The next day, was my first FULL day of working, and the manager was leaving early to go to Boise. So it was just me and two other girls, whom i hardly knew. But before she left, i got an opportunity to do a color! It was nice and simple. Just the regrowth and all it was was just bleached! so i just had to do that, and let it process for a bit til the colors matched and it did and i was all good! so that made me feel great. I was so nervous to do colors in a salon. I originally planned on working at Great Clips just so i wouldn't have to do colors. But i thought i'd better learn anyways, so why not now? Now when i'm not that far outta school and still remember most of it.

But today, i went in today to get my hair done! seriously, that is the best thing about my job! the price for us! FREE! We got there at noon and walked out at 3. only 3 hours, we're making progress! haha. When i go into Evans to get my hair highlighted it takes FIVE hours! and it's a simple pattern. just two slices or blonde, to one slice of brown. super super SUPER easy! But this time, i have a darker brown (it's got sorta a purple tint to it) shadow box and peek-a-boo in the bangs (the underneath part of my bangs) and blond! it is cute. It's definitely different for me. But i'm a hairstylist, why shouldn't i have some fun with my hair?

Josh is done with work. He finished last Friday. It sucks he's not getting any money, but it is very nice to wake up with him still there every morning.

And that is basically all of our life. We are hoping and praying to be outta my parents house by next week. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Comments