Happy Memorial Day

This last weekend was Memorials day/weekend. On Friday and Saturday i had to work. I also worked Sunday, but it was well worth it. On Sunday, the mall hours is 12-6, so i get there at about 11:45, so i can open and get the drawer all ready and everything. I looked on our appointment book to see what was in store for the day. There wasn't anything really, except i noticed i got an updo scheduled at around 1. I started to get a bit nervous since 1. They never taught us how to do updo's in school and 2. i never really did an updo in school, unless you count me doing my mom's hair for a play and it was old fashioned and whatnot. So yes...i can say i was a bit nervous. She got here 15 minutes before her scheduled appointment so that put me off guard as well. So i get talking to her to find out what she wants, well she says she needs an updo for a wedding. Did she mention who's wedding? NO! When i found our it was HER wedding, i started freaking out! I've never really done an updo, especially on a BRIDE!! oh my gosh. She brought in a couple pictures and i just had to do with what i could work with. She had curly, fizzy hair. At the start of it, it was a bit rough, and you could tell she was starting to get kind of nervous to see how it would turn out as well, which is definitely understandable. I freaked out over my hair the night of our reception. But after playing with it for a few minutes we had an idea of where we were going. It was FABULOUS!!! i wish i had my camera there to take pictures. They promised that they'll bring me in pictures so i can start my own portfolio, which i'm super excited about it. We curled it all and brought it back into a side bun type thing. It was freaking gorgeous. I was so thrilled and she LOVED it!!! She had friends there that thought it was great as well. They all said they'll come to me and they'll refer me to their friends. So i'm really excited about that :)

Monday was memorial day and i was supposed to have a free facial thing from Mary-kay that i got. But early Monday she texted me asking if we can reschedule. I said ok so now she's coming on Friday. My family and some good family friends are in Montana vacationing at my grandparents cabin. We wish we could've gone up when they went up on Friday, but i had to work so we were stuck at home while i headed to work. Since i didn't have my appointment, we decided we'll do another one of our "random drives" and head up to the cabin for the day. We left at about 10 and got there at like 1130. Since the weather was terrible earlier that weekend, we were kind of worried we'd be stuck inside the cabin. But once we got there it was wonderful. It was fairly warm (mid 50s) so we went for a ride to a gorgeous canyon. It was so nice. Once it got to a dirt road, we all road on the outside of our cars. Like on the step or whatever if that makes any sense. It was absolutely gorgeous out there. And so dang GREEN!!! we hung out there, and then it was time to go. we got back to the cabin and my dad had to leave back to Miles City, while the rest of us had dinner (Navajo Tacos). Then me and Josh had to say goodbye and head back home, since i had to go home and shower and get ready for work the next day. It was a great day and so worth it. It was so much fun.

At work Today (Tuesday) oh my gosh. It was so dang slow! i took 4 movies and i was close to finishing the 3rd one by the time i left. i only had 2 appointments in the whole 8 hours i was there!!! And in between there, i also had time to high light my co-workers hair! ya, i can say it was a slow day. Haha. Thank heavens for movies and books. I don't know what i'd do without them today!!

As for other news, we're still at my parents house and Josh is trying to find a job so we can get out! He had a job interview at Macy's, but no luck on that one. We'll see what happens next.......

Comments