It's been quite a day..

The title says it all basically..

So what happened, may you ask? well...let me tell you. So it's just been an ordinary day...well, somewhat. I, honestly, didn't do much. I didn't get in the shower til 11:30, made lunch at 1, then i didn't do my hair til 2. No reason, if i don't have plans right? So what do i do after that? Since me and Josh are still in my parents house, we need the money to move out. We've been thinking about going to Idaho Falls. But we can't move out til we get the money, and know that I'll at least have a job to keep us going.

When we were gonna move up to Miles City, Montana, i already had a job at the salon "Smart styles" (the salon that's in a lot of Wal-Marts) and i thought it was great. It's fairly good pay, plus benefits! well...it so happens that its apart of the "regis" chain. Great! They have a program that if you stay there, you can always transfer to where ever you move to, if they have a salon there. So i've been trying to get in. And well, it so happens i got in!

There i was, sitting on my bed, watching "Glee" and i decided to go on "indeed.com" to start looking at jobs for when i actually get my license. And 2 of these stores (Master cuts, and Smart Styles) had their job listings posted on that site, well, why not apply? so i did. I applied to both at the same time, since it's the same company, it was the same application basically. So i just did them on different screens and called it good. The "Master cuts" one had a 10 minute questionnaire thing, and it had 25 questions on it! ya...it was math (if you know me, math and me do not get along) and it also had a lot of defining words. And i suck at doing that. There were a couple I knew, but for the most part, i had no clue! of course, i just guessed for the most part. and i passed!!

Well, after all that was said and done, i was also applying for Macey's in the mall, just as a back up in case i didn't get those jobs and still had some security. So MAYBE 30 minutes, i get this call from this unknown number, and guess who it is?! It's the manager from Master cuts! i mean, how fast is that! And she said the questionnaire...i passed and i was accepted to work for them! once i head this great news, i called Josh straight a way, and told him. He was so thrilled! He even said he'd take me out for Applebees to celebrate!

Good news right? The only thing holding me back was actually the fact, i still have no license! it has not came and it's been 3 weeks since i sent out my application to get it. It should be here by now! She just said it was ok, and i could still get a hold of my license #, so they can at least put it in the system, so they day i get it, i can start working. She just said to call the Bureau of Occupational licenses (thats where they do all the licensing stuff) and they can at least give me the number, and then call her back. Well...when i finally get that number and i call, they say they can't even give me my license yet, cuz according to their records i haven't even graduated yet!! i'm like, yes i did...5 1/2 months ago even! And she says the school hasn't sent in your records yet. UGH!! So i call Evans, and i get the owners son on the phone, because the owner just started a new class today so he was in the classroom with the new students who just started. He said that they sent it in, but their files are weird and messy, so they lost it. that is simply BULL! i don't believe a word of it. So i try to get them to fax it, and they say the state won't accept copy. It has to be the original paper, and the school keeps the copy. Stupid people!

Well, i was not happy at all! i actually started bawling at that point. I was so excited to get that job, but now, i'm not even sure they'll hold my position.

But now, how i was so mad at Evans, I called Josh and told him what's happening now. This happened at like 3:45, and he gets off at 4:30, but he was so furious, he got off early to come talk to Evans personally. I was still a wreck, but i said i'd go with him, i'd just stay in the car while he went in. I know, i'm such a baby! But i know, if i saw him, i'd completely freak out and just go nuts. So it was probably best that i didn't go in. So what Josh says when he came out, they promised to over night it, so i should get my license number no later that Monday. Lets just hope they don't mess up again! The owners son was in the office fixing it as they spoke, so that was really comforting. I was so grateful that Josh was able to do that, and stand up for me. I am truly blessed. I love my husband so much. He is just the greatest!

After we got home, i had to call back the manager and tell her what they said. How it might not get here til Monday, and hope she'll still let me come. and she said "sure, we'd still love to have you with us" so that is great news!

I am so excited! i am so terribly nervous, but i cannot wait! i cannot wait until we start getting money and i can start on my career that i spent all that time on! finally! after 1 1/2 years. Took long enough and i can't wait!

Comments