change of plans...

So in my last post, i wrote how we were moving to Vegas. It was a blast, and a great experience. We had fun and it was WARM!! windy, but warm...it was nice since Rexburg was experiencing Snow storms!! We had fun going out every night, seeing new things: seeing the temple, the strip, Fremont St. meeting Josh's friends. It was a blast, the experience was short lived however. Me and our friend, flew home bright and early Monday morning. It was so hard, not being with Josh. I couldn't stand it. But i had very little time to think of that since the following monday i had to take my state board test to get my cosmetology license. I was so busy studying reviewing what to do so i can pass. Talk about stressful!

The next couple days passed by slowly...without Josh. But then we had to make the hard decision...he wasn't making as much money as we both anticipated. Should he try and make it? or should he come home to me? as a long process, we eventually decided he needs to come home and make more money here and then we can try again.

He drove home Saturday. He left about 10 o'clock and made it home at 7:30. I was scared the whole time! that's why i drove down with him on the way there, remember? i was scared and didn't want him driving alone. I know he's a good driver, but it still scared me. But it was so nice to have him back!! i do wish tho we could move back down there. As funny as it sounds, it already seemed like home to me. That's a change. Rexburg is just...not for me i guess. as hard as it was for me to know we won't be going back down for a while, Josh keeps reminding me that we're just not supposed to be down there right now. And he makes me feel better. I was also so glad he was home so he could comfort me the day of my exam!

Monday rolls around and i'm up by 4:45 sharp. we needed to be on the road to Pocatello by 5:15 to get there by 7 and the test starts at 7:30. We left our house about 5:10, and had to go pick up Josh's cousin so Josh would have something to do all day, while he waited for me to get done with my tests. I was so nervous!! My friend luckily (who just took the exact same test the month before) came on Sunday night, just to walk me thru everything and make sure i had everything together and she told me a bit of what to expect. that did help a lot. So i get there, and i was already so intimidated! The Hotel was absolutely gorgeous. We had to walk thru the pool area to get to the exam area, and it had a waterfall and it was big and it went to 9 1/2 feet. you don't see that in any hotel! it also had an arcade and pool, ping pong, all those fun games. Josh and his cousin, Jasen had a blast. They were all too tired so it was short lived tho.

i had to get checked in with the people and i had to find my seat. i could not get set up tho. As that was part of the exam. When i first got there, everyone was so intimidating! The people who checked us, were not allowed to smile and show us encouragement or let us know somewhat how we're doing. I think i passed that one. I haven't heard of anyone NOT passing that test. so now i just hope i'm not that ONE who fails. And i was talking to a cosmetologist a couple days ago, and she says you have to be super smart to not pass it, and it takes skill to fail. That made me feel good. That test took about 2 hours. Once i was in there and like half way in, i started feeling a bit better about myself and more confident, just pretending i was back in school, doing it for my instructors. that was definitely the more stressed part. I was so relieved to have it done with!

The second part of the test was the written exam. I had the address of where it was, it was somewhere on campus, but our GPS wouldn't pick it up so i had Josh and Jasen drive there and find it while i was taking my practical, just so i had more time to relax during the tests. The Written test took place at noon. During our down time we got to go to the pocatello mall (i had no idea they even had a mall!!) and to my surprise, it was smaller than the Idaho Falls mall!! i had no idea that was even POSSIBLE! An hour before my test, we went back to my car so i could review for that test, just a little bit more. Then i get there, and got checked in, i was finally nervous but i knew i know that stuff. i got myself checked in and got situated at a computer, since they're computerized. I was surprised! i didn't recognize one question on there! to study, my school gave me a book that just had test questions and answers in it, so i had somewhat of a guideline to study and these were completely different questions then were in that book! There were also lots of random questions, like "How do people measure food? grams, calories, pounds, and something else" How the crap does that have to do with cosmetology?! The exam is composed of 110 questions, and 10 of those questions don't count, so i'm hoping that question was in that 10 since i had no clue. haha. So passing score is 70% and guess what i got?! a 78%!!! i know, i know, it's not great, but at least i passed!! Now i've just gotta wait for my practical score, which comes in 7-10 business days. i can't wait! i hope i did it! then i'll send in my application to get my license and i'll officially be a licensed cosmetologist!!! FINALLY!!

now that that stress is done and over with, i get to relax a little, and just look for a job. And now that Josh is back, he was able to get his old job at DI back, so we've still got income, although i can't wait for us to get other, better paying, jobs. I'm excited and nervous to see where these next few months take us. will we stay here? Idaho falls? where will this put us? i can't wait to find out, i'm also nervous, but that's all apart of life.

Comments