Christmas party with the Longs!

So not much has happened since i last wrote so i'm sorry i havent been writing a ton like i should.

This is definitely my favorite time of year. i love the songs, the happy feelings, the joy of this season. I love the meaning of christmas. and i love all the celebrations of christmas. It is the greatest time of the year.

Last Friday i got to go to my home wards christmas party. It was fun. There was great yummy food with a program done by families in the ward and a primary program, they were all dressed up like people from the nativity. it was darling!! We had roast, mashed potatoes (And if you know me well, those are my favorite!!) and rolls, salad and a lot of varieties of desserts. It was delicious! i just wish my hubby was able to make it. Every other weekend he has to work til 9 that night and that just so happened to be his weekend. i missed him so much. but on the upside, i won a centerpiece :) They had drawings of each family there to win the center pieces on the tables and i won one. haha

On Sunday we had our christmas party with josh's family. We decided to do it then because everyone's leaving for christmas this year. Which works out great cuz we're spending christmas eve and christmas with my family this year. It was a whole ton of fun. We got there, talked, laughed and just enjoyed eachothers company. I love his family. they are amazing and so warm and welcoming. i feel so comfortable around them. For food we had delicious soup. There was taco soup and chicken noodle soup. both of my favorites!! but boy, there was a lot of people! After thats all done and cleaned up, we get to hang out and watch christmas movies. We watched Mr. Kruegers Christmas and the nativity. If you have a christmas party, white elephant gifts are a MUST!! so of course we had one :) We each had to bring one, so Josh took some old body wash (it was my mom's when she was pregnant with adam...TEN years ago!!) and some of my dad's old spice stuff with some of my foot spray stuff i got years ago from the dollar store. And i took some toilet paper. and surprisingly people liked that stuff! i guess it was the good kind so people kept fighting over it. it was hilarious! I ended up with a nativity thing and some bubbles (dang i do love bubbles!). on my wedding day, with things so hectic i lost some of my shoes! and the funny part was it was only one shoe. i had the other shoe in my car. and those were given away too! that was hilarious, until Joshua decided not to take those and to instead choose another present to open. so rude! but thats ok. i ended up with them still :) Another one of their traditions, Their grandma Long makes ALL of them pajamas. even the inlaws. so i got some too!! After everyone opens and they all look to see what theirs looks like, they go put them on for family pictures. but they CANNOT wear them til christmas eve. And since this was my first year with their family, me and josh got MATCHING pajamas! they are adorable with monkeys all over them. so adorable!! After that and the pictures, we had to go home, so we changed and said our goodbyes and on our way we went.

It was a great evening and i am so grateful for this great family and a fantastic husband whom i love so very much.

Comments

  1. I concur on the adorableness of your pj's. Biff's pj's from the year we got married were awesome! Man I miss that kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment